BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

September 5th was actually my birthday, but dinner with the Johnson side of the family was a day later! Earlier in the day we went to Aurora Farms and did some shopping, so it was nice to spend the evening relaxing with the family. My mom made a ton of great food as usual! Some pictures from the evening:

Miles is deep in thought...
and even deeper yet!
Peej and Eli were being so sweet to each other, giving hugs and kisses. This is what happens when we try and get a picture of it!
And of course it didn't work!
Eli trying to steal Peej's new Mader walking toy. Eli has about 5 different toys just like this, and they are all stored in the basement and have been for months. Apparently Mader is much cooler than all the other characters we have!
This is what happens when mommy forgets a bib and Eli is going to eat BBQ chicken. So that's the excuse for no shirt...but I really have no excuse for my hillbilly looking son. Looks like he has a beer gut and he's not even 2!
Now brace yourself, as you are about to witness something very rare! Matt....yes, Matt Johnson, is doing all the dinner dishes, and no one even asked him to!! I had to take a picture for proof, as I know there would be a lot of non-believers!
My hillbilly birthday cake! I always get a DQ ice cream cake, and I usually get normal candles too. Mom couldn't seem to find them when she needed to though, so my cake had tea lights on it, lol! In my mom's defense though...they are still in the middle of a massive kitchen remodel, so I can understand how they were misplaced. I would have been fine without the candles...but Eli needed to practice blowing them out!
My sweet boys!
Eli helping mommy blow out the candles!
mmm....ice cream, and cake all in one! Life is good!
Eli sharing with his best buddy!

It was a fantastic evening, and for my birthday everyone loaded me up with cash and gift cards to Best Buy. I decided I need a laptop! Then, maybe I won't get so behind in my blogging efforts!

0 shout outs: